Porcelain veneers are a great option for people who want to improve their appearance. Traditional veneers are placed over prepared teeth. Preparing the tooth involves removing some of the enamel and allows the traditional veneer to fit properly and to look natural. But it also makes it an irreversible procedure.
Lumineer veneers are a great alternative to traditional veneers. They are very thin and require little or no tooth reduction. The dentist does not have to grind, file, or cut the tooth structure in order to accommodate the Lumineer.
Reasons to get veneers
- Discoloration: Teeth can become discolored because of root canal treatment, the presence of large resin fillings, excessive fluoride, or staining from tetracycline or other drugs.
- Chipped, broken, or worn teeth
- Uneven, irregularly shaped, or crooked teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Cosmetic: to achieve a uniform appearance
- Possible alternative to crowns or other dental procedures
Advantages of Lumineers
- A quick and easy process
- A pain-free procedure
- Sensitivity-free results
What is the procedure for getting Lumineers?
One tooth or many teeth can undergo the veneering process simultaneously.
At the first visit Dr Yash will take an impression of your teeth in order to make a custom mold. This will be used by the dental lab to create your Lumineers. You will choose the shade of color for your Lumineers.
At the second visit Dr Yash will check the Lumineers for color and fit, then he will attach them to the front surface of your teeth.
Lumineers look and feel natural as soon as they are placed. They are very durable and will last for many years but require good oral hygiene and regular dental visits.
If you have any questions about Lumineers, please call or contact our office.